Wednesday, October 23

The Doctrine of Made Sin!



2 Corinthians 5:21

2Co 5:21  For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.

It’s difficult to know where to begin on this most disturbing doctrine that is currently circulating.  I need to do some research and see if there is correlating doctrine over the centuries of Christendom, I haven’t done that yet. I first heard of the current doctrine about 5 or 6 years ago but I didn’t understand the whole issue and quite honestly didn’t research it for myself. I rarely comment on things I haven’t come to conclusions on without research so I let it go thinking perhaps it was much ado about nothing (that’s what they would have you believe).  The Scripture certainly does say Christ was ‘made sin’ and often controversy such as this is simply over words and the understanding that others have of those words. At first glance that is what it seemed like but after further study and the ‘hearing’ of what was being said I realized it is more than a misunderstanding of words, it is an error! The questions are always; is it a life and death error? Is it another Gospel and does it change the Spotless Lamb of God.

Heb 13:8  Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever.

This doctrine began in the Sovereign Grace circles and so I became further acquainted with those who preach and uphold it as I circulated amongst these groups. I won’t be using names in this post because I am not into condemning ‘men’, instead I am commenting on doctrine. Sometimes people can’t separate those and it is then that the conversations and discussions become heated and the words ‘heretic’ and ‘false prophet’ abound. I have a hard time with labeling; I’ve been labeled myself so I generally don’t go in that direction and this will be no different.

Imputation is the traditional thought on how Christ was made sin and there are differences in how people perceive even that doctrine. I believe the Scriptures lay out a beautiful picture of how Christ bore our sin and hope to set down some of those pictures as I try and document my thoughts……..to continue

Grace and Peace

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous6:44 AM

    Thanks for writing. RETA@ http://evenhaazer.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete