Sunday, November 1

Stuff!




I heard this song today and had to download it into my own fave rock and roll library. It’s a classic! If you like rock and roll give it a listen and enjoy!

I heard an awesome sermon today on the Altar of Incense out of Exodus 30. The Lord gave instructions as to the exact dimensions and plans for the altar and He said that there was to be perpetual incense before the Lord throughout their generation. They were cautioned however that they were not to offer any strange incense on that altar and it was interesting to read on then as to what this incense was made of. It isn’t known today what the spices were that were ground down to make this incense for the altar so any incense burned today as an offering to God would certainly be considered strange incense and wouldn’t be a sweet smelling savour to the Lord. We know from Scripture that Christ alone is our sacrifice to God for a perpetual sweet smelling savour and that we are acceptable to God because of it. (Ephesians 5:2)

I haven’t forgotten my next post on 1 Corinthians 1:30 with thoughts on sanctification, it’s been on my mind quite a bit. It’s an in depth subject and takes a lot of thought to put into words what I believe the scripture teaches. I’m also about to finish “The Reformed Doctrine of Justification” by Dr. Edward Boehl who was the son-in-law of Dr. Kohlbrugge and in this book are inspiring thoughts as well that I’d like to quote.

I’m also quite addicted to ‘Mafia Wars’ on Facebook right now so I’m literally wasting my time in that endeavor. Hope to tone that down soon! :)

Grace and Peace!

No comments:

Post a Comment