Wednesday, June 4

He Knoweth my Ways!

I’ve been branching out and singing new songs from the Trinity Hymnal, those that I am not familiar with. I’ve always loved congregational singing and at this time in my life, without a congregation that is close, I miss it. But I lift my voice to the Lord in song and praise and find it greatly comforting. Soon we shall all sing in the great congregation in His Presence.

So it was with this new song that I sang based on Psalm 139. Certainly this Psalm brings every true saint joy in reminding us of who God is and of His Divine Attributes; His omniscience, His omnipresence and His omnipotence. Oh that He knows me in such a way for He formed my inward parts. I take delight that He knows my every thought, behold, He knows it altogether. He has fashioned my days when as yet there were none of them and His thoughts are precious unto me. “Search me, O God, and know my heart; Try me and know my thoughts; And see if there be any wicked way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting”

Trinity Hymnal Page 33
Psalm 139:1-12

Lord, thou hast searched me, and dost know
Where'er I rest, where'er I go;
Thou knowest all that I have planned,
And all my ways are in thy hand.

My words from thee I cannot hide;
I feel thy power on every side;
O wondrous knowledge, awful might,
Unfathomed depth, unmeasured height!

Where can I go apart from thee,
Or whither from thy presence flee?
In heaven? It is thy dwelling fair;
In death's abode? Lo, thou art there.

If I the wings of morning take,
And far away my dwelling make,
The hand that leadeth me is thine,
And my support thy power divine.

If deepest darkness cover me,
The darkness hideth not from thee;
To thee both night and day are bright,
The darkness shineth as the light. A-men.

Marvelous are His works and that my soul knows very well.

No comments:

Post a Comment