Sunday, June 1

The Columbines!





My yard is really pretty in the spring and early summer. I'm not very creative when it comes to being a gardener, I just put something in the ground and hope it comes up and looks good. The columbines are my favorite simply because I brought them from the ranch 19 years ago and they have bloomed ever since. Yellow is the basic color but they cross pollinate too and we have hidden in the group purple/yellow, lavender/yellow and this year I'm seeing yellow/white. If I cut them down when they are finished blooming the first time, they come back again. They give me good memories.

The wild pink roses I dug up when we remodeled the bank, they are almost overtaken by the bush but they still make their appearance every year.

I wish I could have gotten a picture of the bird that was at the feeder last week. I tried to sneak out the front door and go around the corner and snap his picture but he was too alert for me. It was a Black-headed Grosbeak. They are black and orange and I usually see one or two every year. We have the standard sparrows year round and the ring-necked doves stay year round too...........I love their cooing, especially first thing in the morning. The Blue Jays will make their appearance soon with their little ones. If you've never heard a new baby blue jay squawking at it's mother you've missed quite a commotion. Sometimes the Lord blesses me with a flock of Mountain Blue Birds going through, I could watch them for hours. This morning as I was watering that spot the doves were lying under the water lifting their wings to take their baths and thoroughly enjoying themselves.

As the Scripture tells us, it is the living God 'who giveth us richly all things to enjoy". Thank you Lord for summer, flowers, birds and blue sky. Now I think I will go and enjoy another bountiful blessing, lunch! Rib-eye steak, baked potatoes and asparagus, wish you were here to enjoy with us! OH, I almost forgot, chocolate pecan pie for dessert! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment