Monday, February 5

Spiritual Journey!

This little space, this blog, has been a wonderful and edifying way to put down my own personal spiritual journey and as I look back over the posts that is exactly what I was doing. I have been thrilled to put down the Truths that the Lord is teaching me in a new way, giving me a deeper understanding of the very core of my faith.

I have been trying to work on my assurance post and I have quite a bit of it finished but I finally realized that I truly don’t have the time to do this. I haven’t understood why it seemed more burdensome to blog than it used to and I realized that with my husband’s health issues and the double duty on my job my mind is full and occupied with these daily things. I have a few hours each evening and have the regular things to do each night as well, supper, dishes, time with hubby, bath, etc. and a small time to read. I read of an exercise where someone suggested reading a book of the bible through 30 times and I have been doing that with the book of Ephesians. Actually you’re supposed to read it like you would read a story but I stop and pause many times because a verse will strike me in a new way or I stop and rejoice in what a verse truly does say. It has been a blessing.

So I’m taking a break away for awhile and going to spend my time drinking in the Living Water and feasting on the Bread of Life in the Word, plus I have a stack of books waiting in the corner, begging to be read. Thank you if you have spent time reading of my simplistic faith and I hope that you have been edified and encouraged.

I pray each of us will continue to “Grow in grace, and in the knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. To him be glory both now and forever. Amen” -2 Peter 3:18

3 comments:

  1. I have certainly been edified and encouraged reading your blog, and hope you will be back before too long. It sure sounds like you have alot on you plate for now though.

    How is your husband doing?

    What is the significance of reading a book of the bible 30 times? It sounds like a good idea.

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the kind words Carol.

    I'm not sure of the significance of the exercise but I can tell you that each time I read it I gain, I gain comfort, I gain remembrance and I am blessed in the reading.

    I think my husband is holding his own right now but every day seems to bring something new, something that isn't quite right, thanks for asking.

    God Bless!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Eileen, will miss reading but am glad you are going to spending time with our Lord and God :) Will pray for you and your husband.

    Enjoy spending time in the living water, I pray God will continue to grow and give yoiu strength in your walk with him.

    ReplyDelete