Tuesday, January 31

Finally brethren......

“Whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report, if there by any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.” (Philippians 4:8)

These are virtues that can be expressed in countless, countless ways and the thinking on them brings about responses in our actions, obedience. Thinking right and doing right brings great peace to our soul!

Thinking truth and honesty… the truth of the Word, in the midst of hearing lies every day, even the lies we tell ourselves, the what ifs, if only, our speculations and our imaginations which are not often based on truth! Cherishing honesty in ourselves and with others and being truthful with our words.

Thinking just and pure...just and right thoughts about others and keeping our thoughts pure, putting aside any immoral or lustful thoughts or thinking unkindly and evil of others.

Thinking lovely and of a good report…In opposition to contention and thinking of strife, anger & hatred, thinking with caring, compassion and understanding. Thinking higher of others than we think of ourselves.

Is there any virtue, let us think on it. Is there anything praiseworthy, let us think on it. Let us think on these things, let us meditate on them seriously so that we might put them into practice. Oh Lord cause me to stop when I become anxious, when I am angry or hurt, when I am believing lies and to remember to ask myself, “what am I thinking"??? Is it true, is it honest, is it just, is it pure, are my thoughts acknowledging the authority of Christ?

I blog simply so that I can study and put down my thoughts, it is a discipline for me and a delightful one at that. I see that I could go on and on with this one as there is so much to think about and just through my own study I have come to a clearer vision of the value and freedom of captive thinking. But I’m going to close this with one of my favorite verses that I keep close to my heart and use often.

“Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on Thee, because he trusteth in Thee” (Isaiah 26:3)

Thank you Lord Jesus!

No comments:

Post a Comment