Tuesday, January 17

Captive Thoughts!

“Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ” (2Cor 10:5)

Someone asked online the other day: “If you could do anything at all, anything, what would it be”. I answered that question by saying that I would bring every thought captive to Christ 24/7….. I have thought about this a lot lately, wanting to have a deeper understanding of exactly what it means. So I have started to do a study in the Word to bring some thoughts (there’s that word) together in my mind. I checked my bible software and have come up with 60 some verses so far that speak of thinking, thoughts and mind. Whew! I have my work cut out for me, but it is important to me. It is the work of the Holy Spirit and involves discernment, regeneration, our growing in grace and in knowledge and much more I am sure so if you have any great insights of your own please share them here. I would be appreciative and thankful!

“For as he thinketh in his heart, so is he.” Proverbs 23:7a

No comments:

Post a Comment